We are currently hiring a Mission Developer!
Now Hiring: Mission Developer (full time)
The mission of Evergreen Presbyterian Church is to:
Flourish. Alone. Together.
We practice whole-hearted life alone and together.
Evergreen is an open and affirming faith community rooted in the Way of Jesus.
We grow through spiritual practices that nourish the individual and cultivate a more compassionate world.
The Mission Developer will work in partnership with the pastor and lay leaders to help “give feet” to our mission. Some might read this position as the person who helps us “do mission” (aka service) in the city. Others might read it as the person on staff who is responsible for developing our mission/vision. Neither is accurate. Instead, our Mission Developer will work alongside the entire community to help find concrete ways to fulfill and practice our mission in the world.
The Mission Developer’s responsibilities are two-fold:
Community Development and Communications, understanding that the two are related. When weighing one set of skills & responsibilities against the other we will give a priority to those who have experience in building relational power and a demonstrated ability to gather people in sustained communities.
• Develop relationships with new people, especially families, students and young adults.
• Organize people to build specific practices and/or pathways for children and young adults to be nurtured.
• Assist with periodic listening sessions in our neighborhood and community
• Cultivate opportunities to build relationships within the church and outside of the church through study, service, and social activities.
• Potentially Supervise Rhodes Fellow
• Adhere to the visual identity and our mission language in all communications
• Adapt and develop the communications strategy further to meet the needs of our community and our evolving technology.
• Manage website and social media
• Prepare and distribute newsletter
• Prepare and print weekly bulletin for worship
• Manage mailings, publications, publicity, and additional church communications
Desired Experience and Qualifications include:
• A bachelor’s degree or applicable education and professional experience
• A natural ability and enthusiasm for building relationships in the community
• Past success creating community and organizing diverse young people in a meaningful way
• Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
• Imagination, a keen ability to think creatively; someone who thrives when trying new things
• A willingness to take risks and learn from failure
• Attentiveness to detail, both in office responsibilities and when listening to people
• Proficiency with word processing, web platforms, and social media
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and three references to: email@example.com.
Deadline: We will accept applications on a rolling basis.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000, benefits negotiable.